Grid Server Configuration
Except for the main 'WhiteCore.Server.ini' file, all the configuration for the Grid server is kept in the 'Config/Grid/ServerConfiguration' folder
This folder contains a bunch of 'example' files, for what look like, all sorts of servers. These configurations are to allow separate instances of the included servers to be run individually if required. The standard setup does not need these files altered as all the required grid servers will be run in a single instance.
The ServerConfiguration folder
To completely configure WhiteCore you will need the following…
- Your database connection details (database, user & password)
- Your hostname to use if you do not want to use your external IP address
- The name you will be using for your Grid
Ini file editing
Note - If you do not have a referenced .ini yet, rename and remove 'example' from the appropriate.ini.example file
If you have a specific IP address or hostname to use, set your new HostName in the main 'WhiteCore.Server.ini' file. Edit WhiteCore.Server.ini file in Config
- Uncomment the "HostName =" line.
- Edit to HostName = <your dns name> or HostName = <your external ip address>
- e.g. Hostname = test.whitecore-sim.org or HostName = 188.8.131.52
The grid server requires some database details to operate.
- The database type (SQLite, MySql or Filebased)
- The selected database selection details
1. Edit Data.ini file in Config/Grid/ServerConfiguration/Data
- Comment the 'Include-SQLite = .. ' line
- Uncomment the 'Include-MySql = ..' line
2. Edit MySql.ini file in Config/Grid/ServerConfiguration/Data
- Enter your database, username and user password
Grid name setup
To customise the name users will see when they connect to the grid, you will need to edit two files. The first for the grid information that the viewer will query and the login welcome message for the viewer.
1. Edit GridInfoService.ini file in Config/ServerConfiguration
- Change 'gridname' to your grid name.
- Change 'gridnick' to the nickname (or short name) of your grid
2. Edit Login.ini file in Config/ServerConfiguration
- Change the welcome message that the user will see on initial connection.
- The <USERNAME> will substitute the user login name (or DisplayName if set) in the message
That completes the basic configuration of the Grid Server. There are additional configuration files to further customise your grid setup and each file contains comments regarding what each option will do. For the basic setup, none of these additional files needs editing but check them out anyway to see what options are available.
If you wish to enable Currency or voice modules, the configurations are found in the Modules folder. Check for additional tutorials for these.
Start the Grid server
NOTE: Your MySql server must be running before you start your Sim
Use the supplied 'grid_console.sh' (or bat) script to start the grid server and verify that there are no errors.
You should see no errors and shortly be presented with the server prompt.
If this is successful you are ready to startup a region server and login.
If all is well, you can now access the WebUI at the grid addresshttp:// <your specified HostName> :8002
Before logging in you will need to connect a region to your grid server. Check out the Region setup guide for details.